ktmcbeth asked: Share 10 things about yourself, then send this to 10 of your favorite followers! :)
I’ve been putting this off for a really long time now.
1. I’m type-1 diabetic. I was diagnosed when I was 7 years old. I haven’t always been the best about taking care of it, and lots of people who have known me for a while don’t even know I have it, but I’m trying really hard to do a better job with it.
2. I have a crippling caffeine addiction. I could quit smoking or drinking 1000 times over before I could quite drinking soda and/or coffee.
3. I wear hats probably 80-90% of the time because my hair grows in really strangely and I’m rarely stoked on how it looks.
4. I went to a Christian school from K-12. I don’t consider myself religious whatsoever anymore, and I have fairly negative feelings about the overall experience of going to that school, but I actually wouldn’t change that experience.
5. I’m a huge sports fan. People tend to be surprised when they hear this, and I think it’s because sports are a pretty un-hip thing to be into, but I grew up playing them and I absolutely love them. I understand why people don’t, and I understand the seriously problematic aspects of sports and sports culture, but that doesn’t deter my affection for the actual games.
6. I haven’t been clean shaven in about 2.5 years because I actually hate the way I look without facial hair. I think I look about 16 years old.
7. I have incredibly bad ankles, knees, wrists, shins, and a bad hip from a childhood of playing 4 or 5 sports a year as well as skateboarding and snowboarding. Also, every time I throw a baseball (or something similar), my elbow has a searing pain in it. I have the body of an old man already.
8. I identify as a cisgender heterosexual male. I have tried really hard to question how I express this in the last year and what that means, because there are definitely aspects of my personality that don’t necessarily fit in with societally traditional cishet males, and within the continuum of sexuality, mine definitely does not fall entirely to the extreme side of heterosexuality, but by questioning this and becoming more educated in gender and sexual identity, I’ve come to the conclusion that I can have these aspects of myself while still being cishet. It’s more of a question about the way society has instilled gender roles, specifically by saying that anything “feminine” inherently goes against my own expression of masculinity. It’s been a very important and eye opening thing to learn about.
9. I have an OCD-esque reaction to numbers. I don’t know that it’s actually OCD, and I don’t want to downplay the struggles people have with OCD. It very well could just be a severe level of neuroticism with them. I get stressed out about even numbers. If I’m using the microwave, I have to put in an odd number, same with the volume on my car stereo, or the numbers I would wear in sports. The only exception is 2, which I’m totally fine with. I think it’s because it’s kind of a weird even number (being a prime number and all).
10. I grew up out in the country a bit and my family had some land and horses. I was pretty much a country kid until I was around 10 and was in 4H. But then I started hating all that and quit 4H. Then we moved into Boise when I was 12 and that was pretty much the total end of all that. I did really like taking care of our horses though, even after I started hating 4H.